To activate Windows 8.1 using an internet connection:
- Select the Start button , type PC settings, and then select PC settings from the list of results.
- Choose Activate Windows.
- Enter your Windows 8.1 product key, select Next, and follow the instructions.
To activate Windows 8.1 by phone:
- Select the Start button , enter PC settings, and then select PC settings from the list of results.
- Select Activate Windows, and then select Contact customer support for help. Administrator permission required You may be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
- Select your location (or the location nearest to you) from the drop-down list, and then select Next.
- Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.